Wednesday, April 21, 2004

no i don't know what I'm doing

i write because I write. something about hypergraphia caught my eye the other day, maybe that's it. But I think there's more... & I don't know what it means to be an unreal artist. a hack. I interpret it as anything outside the diy system - rip the mic, rip the stage, etc.. but the underlying ethos is do it because you do it, because the opportunity arises... that's the realist in me speaking - it must arise organic, transcend the dead matter of which it is composed and transform the consciousness, awaken and inspire the reader. For me it's a feedback loop - the greater the composition, the vaster the scope, the better the payoff at the end. I don't care how long it takes to write MEMWAR, & in the meantime I'll write other things. It's possible I might write it as I age, that I not seek publication until the end of the novel in 2044, just to see how the whole thing meshes.

I want to write transhumanist fiction, which is somewhere on the obverse of dark fantasy. The only guy who I know is hitting in the zone of transhumanist fiction as an author is warren ellis. Metabiological organisms are only now becoming interpretable outside of a religous framework, and the difficulty that society will have with dealing with metabiological organisms has only been explored through occult, mythic, or religious medias, and the very real fact of having to confront these things in a virtual and eventually physical form is undeniable proof of the essential dream of the ancient kabbalistic and enochian magicians. Since that's my framework, that's the structure I want to write from as an author, I have a polarity upon which to construct a number of stories. I should probably read Ovid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watching/Reading:
Hiring Revolution