Thursday, September 15, 2005

worn out

I'm a poet, but there's no use for poetry in american culture so I've been trying to find a niche outside of that for myself - maybe I need to get out of kansas... whatever it is, I'm not going to be able to contribute until this bullshit in my head is taken care of... I have only my gift with words, and a puffed up elitist liberal attitude trying to get by in a conservative illiterate state, and trying to pretend not to be a poet, ie to be a mage or a fictional writer or a musician - that's all shadowplay from being a poet. I can't seem to make money in this town as a poet, or anywhere in the states for that matter - and I thought I'd have better luck doing it online - well I got distracted trying to be what I appeared to be and now - digging through my past and my writing in putting together this book - that's ripping my constructed sense of identity into little pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watching/Reading:
Hiring Revolution